View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 09:52 AM   #2
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default Re: Sweet heaven is this well written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post

Way to go Doc!
Thank you! I can take credit only for the organization, writing, and rules engineering . . . All improvements in layout and page/book design are thanks to my colleagues.

Quote:

Most important - fun to read. The cool little asides from the characters really add to the "ambience" of the books.
I had lots of fun writing those. You'll be pleased to know that we continued the practice throughout the two booklets bundled with the Dungeon Fantasy GM Screen, the three stretch-goal PDFs (Traps, Magic Items, and Against the Rat-Men), and the Pyramid issues associated with the game. The writing is mine, but the space to do it is once again thanks to my capable colleagues.

Quote:

One thing I intend to import into DF is perks. I like perks.
Quite a few are there . . . we just don't call them "perks." They're treated as advantages that happen to cost 1 point.

Quote:

Also allies. I understand and agree with them being too fiddly for an introductory set but they are just too cool leave out if you have experience with the full glory (and insanity) of GURPS.
I want to seriously rethink Allies before dropping them in. I think we need a better pricing scheme, especially if it is to handle summoned entities in a balanced way. GURPS fans already have tons of house rules, but we can't assume that for the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game.
Kromm is online now   Reply With Quote