View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 10:52 AM   #19
Wavefunction

Default Re: RPG Jutsu - GURPS Content for Ninjas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodBeastX View Post
I could see them becoming a point pool where people pay for various effects on the fly. That could be an interesting feature too where maybe you choose when your armor matters. In that sense it almost could be like a trump card that nobody remembers in the movie until it becomes important.

Like Lord of the Rings Frodo had the Mythril Armor on and then his PC decides "Yup, I got this armor on, I'm gonna spend a point and say it affects that attack there". That's very Cinematic, I like it.
Yeah, I was thinking of situations where the attack has no effect until that final time when it does, i.e. when the player runs out of Armor Points to spend on buying success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodBeastX View Post
For me, however, I feel it might be a little too much book keeping for my players I work with. When you have "Consumables" they have a tendency to hold onto them until there is no other choice.
Possibly the same for my players, they certainly forget about Luck most of the time. I think if it was a main feature of the campaign though, eventually they'd get used to the idea. Possibly.

BTW, there's been some great stuff on this blog so far, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Synergy setting works out.
Wavefunction is offline   Reply With Quote