Thread: Card sleeves
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 05:01 PM   #10
JimABassPlayer

Default Re: Card sleeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I cannot even imagine attempting to play Munchkin (or really any card game) with sleeves that were rigid enough to prevent bending. I thought those kinds of hard shell cases were mostly for collecting purposes, not play.
I agree. I was just giving an assessment of the sleeves, having tried them.

I am aware of no reasonable way of both preserving cards and playing with them -- sadly, no way of eating our cake and still having it afterwards.

I have never tried sleeving an entire deck, so I don't know how awkward that would be. (sleeving -- is that an appropriate verb?)

As far as keeping the cards clean, I always play with house rules of absolutely no food or beverage at the card table (and everyone has washed hands). I've been doing that for years with every conceivable type of playing card, and it's got to the point that I don't even have to tell people anymore. They all know it by now.

As such, there would be no point in me spending a considerable sum to sleeve cards just from getting dirty, as my cards do not get dirty (see above house rules). (Any and all eating/drinking is done during breaks, at a location nowhere in the vicinity of the cards.)

As far as bending the cards goes, the only person to ever bend a card of mine was my sister (just a few weeks ago). She was properly chastised, and will never be allowed within city limits whenever we may be gaming in the future.

Last edited by JimABassPlayer; 12-01-2014 at 05:08 PM.
JimABassPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote