View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 11:33 PM   #25
finn

Default Re: [Dungeons][DM only]My first experience in DFRPG/"I smell a Rat"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
Very true! I guess I have high hopes that new players will read In the Dungeon (Exploits, pp. 18-25). :)
I read the section after I read your post. Now I think I should make a summary of In the Dungeon (Exploits, pp. 18-25) for any future players.

I will translate the headings and the relevant skills/advantages, so the players would know what kind of actions are expected for their delvers, and which PC will be suited for each task. I will also add important information such as "you need to announce to search for secret doors". If they get lost over what to do next, they can always go back to the summary and look what kind of tasks might be applicable in their situation.

In addition, I will add metal bars to the sewer so the PCs won't wander away too far. I will also place wooden boards in the tunnel that Merle used to avoid stepping into the sewer, to hint that Merle did not move so far in the sewer.

I plan to run the adventures at conventions in the future, so I do want to streamline the game so the players will interact with the different gimmicks beyond 3(a), and not waste time wandering the sewers looking for the (non-existent) source of rats.
finn is offline   Reply With Quote