View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 07:05 AM   #9
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: I Smell a Rat impossible to beat [spoilers]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchonShiva View Post
All that said, a single unsupported Peshkali doesn’t have any decent ranged attacks. Spread out PCs can often force it to do a lot of Move and Attack maneuvers if they’re not greedy, and that helps a ton.
In the context of this mission however, all that means is the PCs die horribly one at a time as the Peshkali runs them down and finishes them alone without the support of their friends (there isn't enough space to reliably get distance in this room without retreating back out the way they came in, and if they do that the Peshkali kills the rear guard one at a time...).

A Scout might, might, be able to successfully kite a Peshkali with it's Move and Attack being unhampered if it can make itself a threat by targeting eyes... but what is likely to happen is the heavy-hitter melee looking delver get's Move and Attacked with 4 attacks (the Peshkali saves two weapons for Parries). Then being 'stuck in', the heavy hitter gets sliced to ribbons the next turn and it all goes pear shaped...

A fully armed and operational Peshkali is a terror for any group without two heavy melee hitters who can flank her, with a few other second string combatants to pot-shot eyes, hands, or arms.

I mean, okay, properly built Squishybucklers, Martial Artists, and Thieves can 'tank' her... (solid enough defenses, Parry or Dodge, and they can fend her off indefinitely while someone else does the arm breaking).

And don't overlook upgrading the Peshkali with Shields and having her Slam. ST 20 is nothing to sneeze at in slams and grapples (especially as she can use all 6 arms and her tail for +10 to her grappling).

For a newby group, I'd probably arm her with a pair of clubs and have her grapple and constrict the first melee Character that got up on her. Give the PCs a fighting chance...

Last edited by evileeyore; 06-22-2019 at 07:08 AM.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote