View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 12:48 PM   #32
David Johansen

Default Re: The Future of the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game?

It's easier to write adventures for a setting. Making a generic adventure that is also eye catching is always a bit harder.

Microsoft Word is awful, but the last I heard SJG will take any format a long as it isn't inserting a carriage return at the end of each line. It's been years since I bothered to look so that might have changed.

With so much support already in place for GURPS Dungeon Fantasy, it seems likely the two lines will simply run together in the future under one banner or the other. If Dungeon Fantasy isn't going forward the GURPS banner will probably become support for both.

For myself, maps and useful ideas are the main draw of adventures. There's this disconnect between people who buy adventures to read the story in them and people who buy adventures to run them in existing campaigns. I suspect the main purchasers of adventures are of the former type.

I guess there is another way to look at the future of DFRPG that we haven't really gotten to in this thread, which is how we fans can push the sales up enough to create enough demand for more support or a reprint. Kickstarter tends to soak up the majority of the demand for a product before it ever launches. So, if you want there to be more Dungeon Fantasy, buy more Dungeon Fantasy. Given that most of us probably got it all from the kickstarter, I hope SJG will throw us something new to buy sooner than later. ;)
David Johansen is offline   Reply With Quote