View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 05:32 AM   #808
L.J.Steele

Default Re: Another 2000 Things I Am No Longer Allowed To Do In An RPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshiggins View Post
What he said. I mean, all the stuff that could lead to dramatic story-telling is forbidden. :p
There's the whole trying to survive while not being the crew of the Promethius. We've got about 6,000 humans, a couple hundred sentient AI 'bots, resource issues trying to maintain our TL, hostile native life, a currently neutral empire of psionic bugs that tried to wipe us out on sight but have been persuaded to prickly coexistence, and now we find out that the whole planet's being terraformed (including us) by an unknown party. One seriously stupid move on our part (the exploration/contact team) and we could get the colony killed or destroy irreplaceable resources with the same effect over a long term.

The swapping planets or bugging out to the belt option was floated (tho not very seriously) given how deep the crap is getting. Various experiments with the mysterious crystals were mooted, and done, but with comments about "yes, I've seen that movie" as precautions were taken. Sadly, so far the mysterious crystals haven't made an overt move.
L.J.Steele is offline   Reply With Quote