View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 07:44 AM   #806
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Another 2000 Things I Am No Longer Allowed To Do In An RPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.J.Steele View Post
[GURPS Space run -- colonists from doomed world settle two plants in the same system, one has recently suffered a massive, unexplained disaster and is essentially lifeless, but terraformable. The other is lovely, if it weren't for the scary-dangerous indigenous life. Then we made a discovery last session...]

537. Not allowed to ask our other colony if they want to trade planets.

538. Not allowed to plot to steal the least-used colony ship (currently in mothballs) to take it out to the asteroid belt and form a free-nation of belters.
538a. Not even if there's not much the remaining colonists could do to stop this -- somebody back home decided none of our ships or vehicles should have hardpoints.

539. Not allowed to ask to surrender to the mysterious entity that's been terraforming our home (the lovely planet) for several thousand years and is in the process of genetically modifying our offspring. [In part because we don't know how to talk to it, or if it even can be talked to or is just an automated program.]

540. Not allowed to leave the samples of mysterious terraforming crystals alone while feeding them energy to see how they work. Two guards on duty at all times.

541a. Not allowed to send the samples of mysterious terraforming crystals that we feed for a bit back to base with the NPCs. They get to stay with us.

541b. Not allowed to intentionally germinate the mysterious plant seed that hatches from an acid-spewing pollinator.

541c. Having ignored the previous rule and planted the seed in a dug-up mix of mysterious terraforming crystals and mysterious genetic altering prions, not allowed to leave it alone, ever.
Your group is boring. when does the plot actually start?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote