View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 05:30 PM   #74
Alonsua
Banned

Default Re: Realistic Point Gains

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
In that case I would set it well below the young woman you're describing, unless you are going for an out and out cinematic campaign.
How should I set it? So long I implemented some code as for maintaining skills, depending on the skill level and difficulty, it can easily reach 1 hour of practise needed a day (Very Hard Skill over Stat+5) or more, but since Photographic Memory gives +10 and she has it plus IQ-14, that gives her a memorization capacity of 24, which is the limit for skills, so at worst (Very Hard Skill at IQ+10/Mem+0 (Skill=24)) she needs to practise 6 minutes a day per skill. I need an escalable method, since if I say something like "You cannot have more than double your age in skill points", then how would a "full" character learn anything? Would it be more realistic saying that a genius attending to classes eight hours a day is unable to learn anything about an easy skill, while her average mates raise their skills every month, even if the genius got 0 points in that skill and her mates got Stat+4 (12 points, or about three college semesters completely and exclusively dedicated to that skill, in average)? If so, how would a player character learn anything at all once they are "full"?

*And I am reading into some infinite worlds which gives time guides as for increasing tech level, which would then nullify the -5 at inventions and allow her to develop Biotech TL10 for an extra IQ+1 to her already large stats, so bringing the worst "practise time" to 3 minutes a day)
*It is important to note that according to Back to School you can train Eidetic Memory (Memo+5) so it is not too bad on regular characters with all tens across the board, since they can learn a Very Hard Skill up to level 15 (Elite levels, and corresponds with Contact Skill-21) and maintain it by practicing only for one hour a day.

Last edited by Alonsua; 01-02-2018 at 05:53 PM.
Alonsua is offline   Reply With Quote