Sling [2] Hard DX-1
Shield [1] Easy DX
Brawling [1] Easy DX

Weapon Adaptation (Polearm to Staff) [1]
Weapon Adaptation (Spear to Staff) [1]
Style Adaptation (Glaive Fighting) [1]
Hook (Staff) [2] Staff-4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somebody give that boy a dueling bill and a long knife! So, after he hooks the snotty nobleman to the ground he fast-draws his knife then invokes his combo to kneel on the target's sword arm (grapple with leg) and stab him in the eye. Heh, heh. Or I guess that given the high Staff skill he could just use that Grip Mastery to spin it about and thrust the pokey bit of the bill through the eyeslit...

I think this is the minimum to make it all work while respecting the optional RAW point investment requirements for in-style and non-in-style Perks from Martial Arts. Those three Adaptation perks at the bottom are mostly what drives this high point total. (If you're not using that rule this could be a lot cheaper.) But assuming a "standard" 150-point starting hero you still have 80 points with which to customize. If you add 4 more points to combat skills in the Dagger Fighting style you could then buy both combat perks instead of having to pick one.

I did treat Targeted Attacks and Combinations as "combat skills" for this purpose. I hope that's correct.

Since Quarterstaff Style only has one combat perk available you could drop the Staff points to 12 and move the other 8 into other combat skills if you wanted and it would still work. But the whole point of this lens is Staff skill, so I left it 20 points.

Axe/Mace and Sling are just for "peasant" background color so you could move those points into any other combat skill, but it does have to be a combat skill for the reason above- i.e. if you want to respect the optional rule about the perks. I chose to add two extra points, one in Shield and one in Brawling, since if he ever looses his stick and has to fight with a one-handed weapon then a shield is just too damned useful not to know how to use it. And Brawling is nice if he ever has to throw a punch. I'd say they are good investments. (So actually you could lose two points in combat skills entirely, but I wanted the total lens cost to be an even number.)

Likewise, if your Fast-Draw (Knife) ends up higher than 16 then there isn't much point to that, so you could move some of those points to another combat skill, too.

Instead of Style Adaptation (Glaive Fighting), if you cared to you could pick any other style that allows the Hook technique, but Glaive Fighting does sort of fit the polearm motif well.

Last edited by acrosome; 08-25-2019 at 01:17 PM.
acrosome is offline   Reply With Quote