View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 05:42 PM   #34
ecz

Default Re: Melee Cover Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groknard View Post
Against my better instincts, I feel compelled to say that some of the comments here display a stunning tone of disrespect and entitlement. To see this thread go from some constructive criticism to seemingly over-the-top vilification in less than 24 hours -- while the SJG crew is at Origins, no less -- is disheartening, to say the least.

Whether or not one likes the illustrations, whether or not one might have legitimate points, there are hardworking, professional people at the other end of these attacks. And, yes, at this point they really do read as attacks, at least to me.

I'm not trying to be the Forum Police. I'm obviously not as active as many of you here, though I was hoping to change that. I hold my own enthusiasm for this project just as high as any other fan, but I'm not going to join in with the torches and pitchforks.

At this point, I encourage everyone to consider how tone and respect might be just as important as words when trying to convey a convincing position. As for this thread, I'm out and will hope for the best results in both art and civility.
With all the due respect for a professional work I find not exactly a masterpiece this "preliminary cover art".

If I'm entlited to give an opinion I find this drawing like a caricatural image of a "wannabe" legionar not at the quality level of the other cover art shown - for example - for "Wizard" that is, at the opposite, excellent.

Its main problem is that it fails to capture the look and the feel of the old classic TFT style. Is it from the same artist? Seems unimaginable.

Of course it's just an opinion fully respecting the value of the professional work and coming from someone (me) unable to hold a pencil in hand.