View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 11:27 AM   #8
Refplace

Default Re: Lady Sybil Vimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
Administration for the upper ranks, various for lower.

Just because a general has Leadership, it doesn't mean that his unit leaders do not need it. Great administrators are still limited in only being able to do one thing at a time and thus need subordinates with Administration to handle many tasks.

Micromanagers generally do not have good Administration skill in GURPS terms. They have a Disadvantage. Doing a subordinate's job for him generally represents a failed Administration roll, because it's an extremely inefficent use of organisational resources.
QFT
Administration could be a hiring skill by letting you better understand the organizations needs, budget and checking references. I could even see it being the primary skill in determining the best candidate based on those as well as understanding what a department needs. Relevant skills at the job and psychology would be complementary, though in my experiance most HR employees and hiring managers lack or are limited in them.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote