View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 06:01 PM   #3
David L Pulver
AlienAbductee

Default Re: Woodsman Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarg View Post
Yeah, I think it makes sense to let Area Knowledge do that, if the area knowledge is about the outdoors at that location. It could also apply to at least some aspects of survival in a location that happens to be very similar, if the GM thinks so.

Hobgoblins and other races who might learn talents but average below human IQ might also have some more lower-IQ talents. I know a TFT GM who made a whole set of primitive talents just for hobgoblins.

Woodsman seems to apply to all terrain types.
Yeah, having it serve as a locational specific cheaper version seems reasonably balanced.

I know what you mean about primitive talents. Actually, while the current edition added a few useful ones, it would be nice to have a few more - sometimes it's a struggle to "fill up" the talent roster for an IQ 7 or IQ 8 character without making them know lots of languages or weapons...

(Maybe some races have the ability to buy talents that are higher IQ for humans - maybe Acute Hearing, Silent Movement, Tracking, Woodsman, etc. - as if they were IQ 7, as a sort of innate Racial Talent option. They still have to pay the full cost, but they get access to them. "Beastial nature" or something.)

Last edited by David L Pulver; 10-20-2019 at 06:07 PM.
David L Pulver is offline   Reply With Quote