View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 02:04 AM   #7
Refplace

Default Re: Walking around with drawn bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
Or it may be part of that Ready! - Draw! - Loose! drill for volley fire. How much time is between Draw! and Loose! commands? Was it actually a drill or is it more or less anachronism and assumption?
Its more about concentrating formation fire and timing then any personal ability issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PseudoFenton View Post
For simplicity and on the fly ruling, I'd treat as concentrate like "you can step every turn" without hassle, and just say anything more than that is subject to move and attack rules (capped at 9) which is to be expected!
Additionally, holding a drawn bow count as "combat time" for the purposes of FP loss, even if you're not aiming at anything or have any enemies around to shoot. Finally, I'd probably apply penalties after a few second to the shot that is eventually made, perhaps using the speed/range chart, but I'd have to look it over to see what would be sensible - I'd not allow an unpenalised shot after more than 10 seconds though for sure!
This sounds pretty good to me.
A modern Compound bow you can hold for a minute easy enough as its about half your Draw ST.
The other factor is wear and tear on the bow.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote