View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 06:35 PM   #1
Shrale

Default Traveller Campaign Ideas: TAC-SQUAD

TAC-SQUAD

Formed by Harmony Frost with permission of her handlers from Blackhawk, TAC-SQUAD isn't
a combat group but rather a small team of capable people who are familiar with space
travel, the Marches, and who can think fast and act decisively. If you can handle a gun,
so much the better.

Characters: any type of Traveller character is possible, including CT or T4 or
GURPS. It's up to you. I prefer to be rules-lite and RP-heavy. If you're used to
GURPS then characters up to 200 points are welcome.

Races: I'd prefer you stick with the anthropomorphic Traveller races so they can do
things like all ride in the same starship and breathe the same atmosphere, etc.

I don't want more than 4 players, just to keep it manageable. More than likely
it'll be first-come, first-reserved. Hopefully I'll get at least one player !

Types of characters: (just a few samples, feel free to expound)

Detached Duty Scout -- either a vanilla scout or an S3 leftover. Should be a pilot and
have his own ship preferably a Sulieman with jump-2. Shouldn't be a stranger to combat
or guns, but doesn't have to be Rambo either. A seasoned, wily fellow is just fine.

Psionic -- any race or background you want, including something mysterious like a pocket
empire secret service background. I'd prefer a PC of no more than 125 points for this,
just so you don't steal the show. I may allow GURPS Psionics too. It'd be nice to be
a non-Zhodani, since the campaign is mostly a 3i show.

ex-Vargr Cosair -- you were taking liberty on a planet with a buddy. You waited at the
starport for hours after the rendezvous time but the shuttle never showed. The next
week you read about how Imperial Navy ships identified and chased a corsair to the
outer system and destroyed it. Your buddy and you have to work passage back to the
homeworld to resume your careers. He took working passage on a starship, you stayed
after reading an ad for Blackhawk, needing qualified persons, preferably with military
backgrounds and felt it applied to you...

Technologist -- no this isn't Cyberpunk 2020 but technology is all around, whether
it be handcomps, radioes or larger computers. You know your stuff, how to operate and
tricks to make them sing for you. Data flows from your fingertips. You might be good
with your fists or a gun too. If it's got electronics, you probably can get it to do
your bidding. You can also pilot an air/raft.

ex-Athlete -- you blew out your knee and lower leg playing FLASHPOINT a rather physical,
rugged sport popular in the Marches. You got a bionic replacement, but the trouble
is, it forced you to retire, since the stigma associated with your prosthetic isn't
welcomed by the league. Now what do you do? There's a few underground pro-leagues,
but the pay isn't that great, and the people tend to be grim, hangers-on to their
past glories. Is that what you want to turn into? Then you read an ad for Blackhawk
needing able-bodied men to fill positions... hell, you used to shoot skeet and you're
also not bad behind the wheel of a groundcar.

LEADERSHIP

Harmony Frost -- a good looking female who at first seems out of place. Ex-army and
you recall seeing her name a couple of times associated with bounty hunting of all
things. Very capable with firearms but wily, and can think like the opposition. Not a
bad martial artist and adept at planning. She's got a courtesy rank of First Lieutenant.
You call her "loo" or "ma'am", but never by her name.

The Corporal -- a rather large specimen of the Saurian species (from Behind the Claw)
at 6'-4" and 225 pounds. Knows combat, and heavy weapons and not bad at tactics. Doesn't
say much except to bark out orders or gnash his toothy maw like he's saying: "chop,
chop!" Apparently, he served with Harmony Frost in the army, but doesn't talk about it.

I'll post a few scenarios next.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Shrale is offline   Reply With Quote