View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 02:11 PM   #1
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Default Architectural Pentagrams

for setting reasons I'm thinking about a variant of the Pentagram spell that not so much a spell by a Technique of Thaumatology skill. That it's not unknown "one task wonder" use of the skill. [semi akin to working feng shui or Dresden file magic circles]

Particularly an Architect can design one into a defensive wall the with how having a mage to enchant it. It will probably need to be activated when the door/gate is closed [closing the circle] with some mixture Pentagram's designers skill and the activator's Will based Thaumatology skill being used for the contents of a magical creature trying to force their way though.

So the energy cost for the covered area will need to rewritten as a skill penalty of some sort in designing and building the circle. probably paired with activation/content penalty based on area, that can be counter balanced with ritual group working together. But I do want it be scaled such that a one built into a tower can be reasonably activated by a solo mage, but an "epic" circle built into city wall would take a large group.

But other game balance aspects of how to write this up, i would also like this thread to be about the World building consequences of this bit of Thaumatology as I don't only see this as just wizard towers but part of Major castle walls.

Last edited by roguebfl; 07-19-2017 at 02:14 PM.
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote