View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 08:59 AM   #18
TippetsTX

Default Re: New Xp System: Not a Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
I know that Joe will take me to task for this, but I much prefer the new system in terms of how XP may be spent and new skills and spells learned compared to the old way of doing things -- it's smoother, more intuitive and requires less book-keeping -- all positives in my opinion. Plus, as others have said before, de-coupling the learning process from the rigid IQ limits (and instead using IQ to limit the complexity of the learnable tasks instead of the number of them) is just so much more useful and "accurate" in game terms than the old system was. Plus we get rid of all that nonsense about "forgetting" talents and spells.
Queue rant mode... no, but seriously, I do not begrudge anyone using the new XP rules. My preference personally is for something a bit closer to the original progression design, which, though not perfect, allows for for a more complete player experience IMO, providing characters a full heroic lifecycle; from novice to veteran to 'legend'.

That said, I think it is terrific that characters now have the option for horizontal advancement (in the form of talents and spells) as well as vertical (increasing stats). I would just like to go a little higher on the stats.

Last edited by TippetsTX; 05-07-2019 at 10:29 AM.
TippetsTX is offline   Reply With Quote