View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 10:11 PM   #9
platimus

Default Re: New use for XP - Heroic Exploits

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippetsTX View Post
No, because lesser wishes will be more limited in scope and re-characterized as 'hero points' in my games. Plus I want something a bit more structured and defined.

For example, the first portfolio I'm working on will support positive energy channeling. The 1st tier ability will be something like Bless (+1 temporary stat boost), 2nd tier is Lay on Hands for basic healing, 3rd tier is Targeted Turning/Smite, 4th tier Positive Energy Burst, and tier 5 might be some kind of Restoration ability. It's all pretty rough still though.
Will there be a cost associated with each use of these powers? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something but from the other posts I gather that a character will purchase the Bless ability with some amount of XP -- sort of like purchasing a talent or spell. When the character uses the Bless ability, what sort of cost will it incur? Fatigue? more XP? Nothing? Or will there be an arbitrary limit on the number of times a power can be used within a particular duration?