View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 07:02 PM   #11
malchidael

Default Re: Other Settings to TfT - Any Interest?

I've always thought that the old Judges' Guild Wilderlands of High Fantasy would be a good campaign world for TFT.

You already have your "ancient race" of high-tech beings (Markab as opposed to Mnoren - or perhaps they are Mnoren), artifacts laying around waiting to be discovered, and of course, an "invincible overlord" who hires mercenaries, and would probably want to test them, so it seems like a good fit.

And I agree with Todd - a high fantasy/swords & sorcery campaign in the Dreamlands would rock. At one point, I was running a similar idea through my head - the player characters wake up with no memory of who they are, at the 70 steps of light slumber.... and are pursued by un-nameable foes.... The basic premise is that they were assassinated, and the campaign takes place in the last moments of their life. Over the course of the campaign, they gain clues to this, and can look for ways to either stay in the Dreamlands or return to life to gain revenge.

I figured my players wouldn't enjoy the plot twist, so I never really pursued it.
malchidael is offline   Reply With Quote