View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 12:20 PM   #3
Jim Kane
Banned

Default Re: Converting GURPS characters to TFT

Rob W - this is not such an easy question to answer. To begin with, in TFT not all 32 point characters are of the same value in relation to each other.

It is easier to explain this concept with 24 point Melee characters, where a ST-12, DX-12 figure is worth less in statistical combat value than a ST-10, DX-14 figure. The real value of ST and DX varies based on where a value falls against the statistical average of the bell curve, and other mathematical factors. In short, and on average, in TFT, where 1 DX is worth roughly a bit more than 2.5 times that of 1 ST.

For some reason the value 2.68 or 2.86 is springing to mind, but do not hold me to it.

Therefore to even attempt to answer your question anywhere near: *remotely accurate*, I would ask: "what are the actual stats of the parties being compared?".

All that has to be considered before one tries to compare TFT's scale to GURPS scale; as the value of "1" is not the same in either case. I used to know the scale differential between these two systems. but I can tell you the "Size" difference is significant; as GURPS figures are much "larger" than TFT figures - pound for pound, if you will.

I wrote a paper on the actual combat value of various TFT fighters of the same point total, but of different values and combinations way back. I will see if I still have it in the file cabinet.

JK

Last edited by Jim Kane; 06-11-2018 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Typo
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote