View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 11:03 AM   #14
larsdangly

Default Re: Outdoor adventure cards?

I'm really enjoying the card set; it is surprisingly dense with creative, gameable ideas. As a product, it feels similar in quality to the better class of 'random table' adventure seed products that have come out for the OSR (like the Dungeon Alphabet), but I prefer this format of a deck of cards. It is both easier and funner to draw a card (as opposed to paging through a book and rolling on a table, which is more time consuming and kind of takes you out of your 'flow' at the table). Perhaps this is already the plan, but I'm struck by the great potential for using this sort of format as a way to introduce to TFT something of the game play experience of Munchkin or other card based games. Such a hybrid would have a much zippier and free-wheeling feel than a conventional scripted table top roleplaying adventure, yet the schematic nature of the adventure seeds means a lot of GM creativity and decision making is still called for. It's just more akin to improv and less like narrating a TV episode.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote