View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #30
apoc527

Default Re: Will buy: UT2: Revised / Reworked Weapon Tables (Post-Pyramid etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langy View Post
The problem with UT weapons isn't really that their damage is so low. It's that there are options to make the slugthrowers way too powerful, compared to the Gauss weapons. Also, they don't make use of a lot of features of the HT weapons.
Could you give some examples? I want to know what I need to outlaw/ban when I GM my upcoming GURPS game (which will be the first time most of my group has played GURPS). :-)

I agree that creating some varied weapon lists would be nice, but that's really a function of UT being a list of generic weapons while HT is converting many real-world firearms and there is simply a ton of variety in the real world. I think some UT fine (accurate) guns with some built in sighting aids would be helpful, but that's easy enough to do when creating a custom weapon list for any given campaign setting.

I need to compare things on a deeper level, but I didn't notice any weapon mods or accessories from HT that don't have an equivalent in UT. Hyperspectral scopes are far superior to anything in HT after all!
apoc527 is offline   Reply With Quote