View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 09:39 PM   #40
Daigoro

Default Re: [Game] Generate a military sci-fi setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Building on that a little: The pods are/were entirely self contained, and when the ark was destroyed, the pods broke away. Then they started pushing outwards, using repurposed exterior repair drones to maneuver to asteroids to get the materials the need to bootstrap.

When I came up with it, I thought of it less like a zoo, and more like a nature preserve. They would still need to take care of themselves and are seemingly free, but it's still a cage and they were still being managed.
This is basically what I was thinking. So, for a hypothetical human preserve, would it look more like a savannah or forest, or more like Tokyo metropolis? Perhaps the like a stereotypical space colony?

Quote:
The initial purpose of the Arc Fragment was for archeology and reverse engineering of the advanced craft. After the life support system was activated (it required a sample of air), people began moving into The Corridor for habitation. Buildings 10 stories high have been built inside The Corridor. Barely 1% of the Corridor has been explored.
Why has there only been this little explored?
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote