View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 03:32 AM   #42
ladyarcana55

Default Re: In Nomine: the Sandbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
He ogles appreciatively and then puts his inner dog back inside. Relaxed but quite serious, he explains what he sees. "It's a tool, for you to project an image to your clients to get them to do business with you. Not so different from what I wear, except that yours is openly a fantasy. This dress tells your customers that you know what they think of Asian women and that you're willing to play that role for them. They get the joy of watching you and kidding themselves for an hour that you actually fit that role. Only the dumb ones and the smitten ones will actually believe it after they walk out the restaurant door." While he expects her to understand, he figures she won't buy into it. "A properly drawn blade shows the other guy that you're deadly serious and skilled on top of that. A properly worn dress shows the other guy that you can wield indoor skills with the same seriousness and precision." He leans back and shrugs. "It's a skill like any other. Hone it, perfect it, take pride in it."
"You don't understand, this isn't for any customer. It's for my new boss. I'm supposed to be his bodyguard."

Sunae lets out a frustrated sigh

"I have had a lifetime of training. I have taken knives, I have taken bullets. I have seen and survived things that would make the most hardened soldiers cry. And what am I being reduced to? An overpriced arm ornament."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
He doesn't know whether he should explain further, but he's got no other plans at the moment. "It's pretty simple. You grow up, you're taken care of, there's a very strong bond there. You wander for a bit like an Amish boy in the world and you realize it's really nice when someone has your back, and you get that little nagging sense of obligation, that giri, that you owe something for that. So there's Dad, waiting patiently with his list of things that need done and his mental list of which family member is best at it, and badabing!"
Sunae thinks about it for a moment and nods

"I can understand that. When you put it that way it's actually not that much different for me and my family."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote