View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 07:24 PM   #64
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: Project Jade Serenity [Supers/Technothriller]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
Murderous sociopath was a perfectly valid character concept during our planning and creation phase. The player could have created a budding supervillain who was somehow so necessary to Onyx Rain that he was along on the adventure despite his horrible crimes, with a series of safeguards meant to prevent him from escaping or killing the other agents. But the player didn't want his character to have minders or restrictions, he wanted to have secret superpowrers.

For the past decade or so, I doubt we've played many games featuring that sort of character. On the other hand, the player did say that he was sorry that he was not playing the emotionless, rootless, perfect pragmatist hitman character he played in a short-lived Cyberpunk campaign we had, because that way we wouldn't keep nagging him OOC to consider consequences, other people or basic humanity.

OOC, he also excused O'Toole's behaviour toward someone by saying that they were just an NPC and he didn't want to have to bother with them.
Yeah, sounds like he wants to go full Murder Hobo, but without any drawbacks.

Quote:
That's assuming we have any reason to go into the abandoned tunnels. Dr. Anderson is Curious, he might want to, but c'mon. Is exploring the dungeons of horror really the pressing issue?
Only if as PCs you really want to get to the bottom of this.

Quote:
On the other hand, I really wouldn't expect Taylor to have any kind of plot-immunity.
Not presuming plot immunity (I mean Burr just took a hit that took him out of the fight and you've been playing very carefully so I doubted there was too much in the way of cinematic) but mostly that I figure Taylor survived this one gunshot.

I mean he hasn't had his one-on-one fight with Warden Tyrrell in the rain on the roof of the Sanitarium yet!
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote