View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 01:32 PM   #34
Icelander

Default Re: Vehicles and Weapons from Fantasy giving me problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm
I want to underline one point here: I have no clue about vehicles and never have. Even in 3e, I abdicated on them completely to let David take charge. I see those big tables in the Basic Set and go "Uh-HUH." Let's be very clear on the fact that my areas in 4e were mostly character design and combat. David will eventually finish all the projects for which he has contracts, and then he'd be welcome to work on vehicles-related stuff for e23, including retcons to current content. Until then, his priority is paying his bills, which means honoring the aforementioned contracts.
Very good.

At least the 4e Vehicle writeups were simple, unlike the 3e Vehicles. Which I'm sure was a great book, but I never got into it.

Quote:
It's certainly possible that Steven sees one or more vehicles-themed issues in the future of the new Pyramid.
That would be lovely.

Quote:
Not hardly! See this wish-list item. We're just waiting for writers to take up the challenge . . . which is really no less likely for e23 in general than it is for Pyramid in particular.
I was under the impression that this was only for modern, futuristic or fantasy vehicles; not real-world historical ones. The examples are all from the era of TL5-TL12, except possibly Fantasy War Wagons (which is pretty clearly not meant to draw on any real world data).

Are you saying that you'd consider Vehicles: Age of Sail Pirate Ships and Vehicles: Napoleonic War Naval Ships?