View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 06:28 PM   #151
Hemlock

Default Re: The Unoffial 2056 Vehicle Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
The best ways I've found to use CA Frames is to design two or more designs that look the same , and have one or more be an Anti Ram design with Roll Cage etc - and give the one with the CA the big guns . Another way is to hit any potential rammers with nasty drop weapons : during one game I watched , a Pick-Up mounting a Ram Plate was totally put off going anywhere near a CA framed Van by TDX Mines , Flame Cloud Gas Streamers and a turreted Spike Gun/HMG combo ( Gunner to Spike Gun , Driver to HMG ) ! Rather nasty if you've only got PR or SBPR Radials !

Since Ram Plate damage was dropped down to 1d+2/1d-1 , I've seen a marked decline in dedicated Ram Cars . In Divisions 30-40 and above they make a reasonable option . On the Road however , it's best on those designs that normally only ever go up light vehicles and Peds . A Road Bike with a CA Frames is okay , as any ram at 55mph+ is likely to kill it anyway .
Actually, I noticed the opposite effect ... at higher Divisions, Ramcars became more and more scarce. Too many vehicles could afford accurate firepower and dropped weapons that made getting close enough to ram a dicey proposition. OTOH, at the low end Divs (5 and 10), Ramcars could almost always get close enough to do their thing and roll away alive ... making them a more popular option.
Hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote