View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 02:28 PM   #75
tmedwards

Default Re: Updated / New Character Sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpus
Just a quick question about the Phoenix sheet - when you add a picture to the sheet, is it supposed to auto center the pic in the space or is there a special way to get it to do that? Or does the picture have to match the space available exactly?
Currently, Phoenix resamples the portrait image to fill the portrait block, while preserving its aspect ratio. So, to have an image centered in both dimensions within the portrait block, the image should match the aspect ratio of the block, which is 1:1 (i.e. it should be square). Otherwise, when the image is resampled, to fit the printable area, the larger image dimension will fill its dimension in the block, but the smaller image dimension will come up short, leaving a gap on either the right or bottom of the block, depending on which dimension was short.

What I do, currently, is use Photoshop to make "Phoenix" versions of any image that I want to use as a character portrait. This entails making them 300 dpi and close to the print size of the portrait block. Since the block is square, I position the original image within the new square image however I like best.

I know I considered making Phoenix center images within the block, regardless of aspect ratio, during its initial development, but I didn't do so for some reason. I forget why. Maybe I had a reason, maybe I forgot, maybe I just got lazy. Who knows. :)

PS: If you ever wanted to create images that didn't require much resampling, the portrait block is roughly 3.71875 in. (94.45625 mm) square when printed on US Letter. It's a bit smaller on A4, but not enough to make a difference.

GCA4 resources: GCA Repository, Phoenix (r66), GMCS (2.17), Bookish (r12)
tmedwards is offline   Reply With Quote