View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 09:09 PM   #10
lachimba

Default Re: A really big hex map

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
If you need help or want to play with a VTT let me know and I'll try to arrange something so you can poke around.

I highly suggest Roll20 just because you can cast the map to tablets or phones and play that way. It's EXTREMELY useful.
Hypothetically interested.

I really want to stay away from screens. I look at a computer screen for more than ten hours a day. I really don't want another hour in my week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dripton View Post
Vinyl is much more durable than paper. I have a Chessex Megamat and recommend it. The Chessex Mondomats are even bigger, but they were out of stock last time I checked, and require a big playing surface.

Stupid question time.

I could order a battlemap, mega map or both I suppose.

The battle map is a bit small for my dinky little table. The mega map would go right over the edge on one side and at least close on the other. I'm sure potential players will have bigger tables (I do, but my PC is on it, though I could move it every time I wanted to game), but they might also have smaller or less optimal tables.

Given I was about to use either A4, A3 or A1 is the mega map a case of too much of a good thing? Awkward to use if a little bit is hanging over and edge?

I can always after all buy a second battle map later or mix it up with a detailed printed a4 map building/room map on an edge etc and still have room to draw the corridors, other chambers and what not leading up to it. Even if the edges don't quite line up it isn't the end of the world.

Last edited by lachimba; 11-11-2016 at 09:34 PM. Reason: another question
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote