View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 01:29 PM   #22
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Default Re: Knee Strikes, Shock, counter Grappling, Takedowns, Arm Locks, and Two-Wapon Attac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewVilter View Post
Brraaaiiiinnnnnzzzzzz.......

(I have to say that I don't really understand the stigma associated with thread necromancy.)

Are you basing that on a particular piece of text? (You are talking to a line editor there...)
I'm basing on what I remember of what Kromm said when we had a long thread weapon people argued over wither Dual Weapon Attack can be done unarmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
Flying split kicks and such take -4 for Dual-Weapon Attack and another -2 for kicking, so you're talking about two rolls at -6 to skill. For a DX 10 man, that's two rolls of 4 or less, with excellent odds of at least one critical failure, followed by two chances to fall down for missed kicks. Even up to skill 12, the critical failure percentage is scary and falling down is about twice as likely. Reliably doing this calls for skill 16+, which is decidedly rare. Reliably doing this and not getting a leg trapped requires the ability to add in Deceptive Attack, which means skill 18+. It bears mention that any campaign where unarmed skills are routinely 16+ has already crossed the line into the cinematic realm where flying split kicks ought to be allowed by the Rule of Cool.
So Dual Weapon Attaks CAN be used with Kicks.
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote