Thread: New Ninja rules
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 09:59 AM   #39
Tim Kauffman

Default Re: New Ninja rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
Dropping 3-1 better represents a halving factor; each value is 1/2 the next.
4/2 = 2
2/2 = 1
1/2 = 1/2

So it's easier to remember without looking at the table: each hex further away cuts the odds in half.

As usual with how all the other rules work, if it doesn't explicitly say it does, it implicitly does not.
Thanks for the clarification. Sounds good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
Wait. Is this an actual rule or a fan suggestion?
I asked because in the Operation Guillotine Thread, ianargent said:

"All Combine units enter the board from the same hex on south edge of S1, any hex may be used. They have been traveling essentially “shoulder to shoulder” to stay under the Ninja’s ECM umbrella, despite the risks of being so close; until the Ninja reports they've been spotted."

It had me wondering if the NINJAs abilities were exclusive to the NINJA or also for friendly units using the NINJAs abilities "umbrella" for those abilities.

Either way is fine, just curious what was official. It is an interesting possibility to have a umbrella affect though as a actual unofficial rule. Some of the NINJA rules that were dropped had this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post
As usual, GranitePenguin has hit the nail on the head.

The drop in CM effect is due to halving the attack on the hex closer to the detonation.

An no, there is no Ninja "umbrella". Now if you and whomever you're playing with want to add it as a house rule, feel free to do so. But officially the rules are for the Ninja as listed.

D.
Thanks guys.