Thread: New Ninja rules
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 11:21 PM   #33
Tim Kauffman

Default Re: New Ninja rules

Nice! It's at-a-glance easier and more sensible. Range away = chance of failure.

Maybe there could be a unit specific spotting range equal to the units attack range?

OGRE: range equals the Mark of the OGRE:
Mark1: range of 1
Mark2: range of 2
Mark 3/3B: range of 3
Mark 4: range of 4
Mark5, Fencer, FencerB: range of 5
Mark 6, Doppelsoldner: range of 6
NINJA: 6 (This is higher than the NINJA's chassis Mark, but it should be given it's advanced tech, and at 6 is easy to remember it's the same as the highest OGRE)
Mobile Howitzer = range of 6
Missile Tank = range of 4
Superheavy = range of 3
Heavy Tank, Light Tank, GEV, Light GEV, GEV-PC = range of 2
Infantry Squad = range of 1 for each Squad up to maximum range of 3 for 3 Squads.

I recall elsewhere it was mentioned that Light Tanks were often useful for scouting...maybe they should have a higher range because of this?
Doubled from range 2 to a range of 4? This way, they may be chosen over other units when considering their spotting ability.

I think this has relevance in this thread as it's dealing with NINJAish concepts concerning hidden units, camouflage, spotting, ect.
There is another thread with a cool NINJA Scenario in the works where it's mentioned wanting to have some sort of spotting:
"Special rules:
The Ninja can differentiate between “dummy” buildings and “objective” buildings at 6 hexes. The Mk.IIs can do so at 4 hexes, and the GEVs at 2 hexes."
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=148358

Last edited by Tim Kauffman; 02-13-2017 at 12:50 AM.
Tim Kauffman is offline   Reply With Quote