View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 08:24 AM   #12
Bruno

Default Re: Spellfire Translation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerander View Post
I was under the impression that Resistant (and Immunity) did not work with magic due to the existence of a separate Magic Resistance advantage. But now I can't find a reference...
As far as I know, you can buy Immunity to a Power Source. This, however, does not make you protected from magic. It just means you automatically resist any resistable effects. . . which in the case of the spells-as-skills system means you can still be buffed, you can still be fireballed, you can still be hit with AOE attacks like Create Fire and the various Rain of whatever spells, and anything based on the powers system that doesn't have a resistance roll is still entirely fair game.

Note that Magic Resistance is different from Resistant: Magic. Magic Resistance gives casters skill penalties and gives bonuses to Resist magic - this means it can foil irresistable direct effects, it can trash AOE castings, and it also protects you from potions... but it still doesn't save you from Missile spells and other not-directly-applied damage.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote