Thread: GURPS Eberron
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 05:22 PM   #12
Wildcat

Default Re: GURPS Eberron

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmudderfugger View Post
For the warforged, I would say Immune to Metabolic Hazards, IT: No Blood, DR 3, Striking Surface and No Sense of Smell/Taste were the core warforged traits.

As for the Warforged race, I totally agree with you as to characterizing them as living things, rather than "magical robots". We've actually had some great roleplaying moments between Kettle's player and an NPC member of House Cannith, where they've been discussing the nature of the warforged's soul. :)
DR 3 might be a little high for standard; in D&D3.5, Warforged had the same armor bonus as leather armor, which translates to DR 2 in GURPS, although there is no need to convert them so directly. I think it would also be reasonable for a Warforged to buy up their DR as high as DR 7 or so (equivalent to heavy plate) at character creation, and possibly in play. I would think Warforged should also have some version of Social Stigma. The D&D3.5 setting books were pretty clear that a majority of people in Khorvaire regard Warforged as decidedly sub-Human (or sub-Dwarf, sub-Elf, etc.). Some people might have Quirk-level Warforge-philia or whatever you want to call it, who don't react at a penalty to Warforged.

EDIT: Are you incorporating psi abilities into the setting? It might never come up, but there's a whole continent where psi takes center stage.

Last edited by Wildcat; 04-15-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote