View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 08:46 AM   #7
robkelk
Untitled

Default Re: The Complete GURPS Dungeon Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective_Restraint
I disagree on this totally. For people wanting to run dungeon fantasy style games with better rules, I'd use GURPS. And as for D&D and me, they did the impossible, get me to hate an edition. Sure D&D isn't perfect, far from that. But making me, a D&D nostalgic fan, hate an edition and make me stop visiting their website entirely, is a "tour de force". And with the argument that I can stick with 3e, what's the use ? All their future releases will be 4e only. They made 3e obsolete.
Speaking as someone who still happily runs Windows 2000 on my home computer, I can't see how lack of vendor support makes it impossible to use a product.

The older D&D rules are still there. They aren't going away unless somebody destroys the books they're printed in. There's so much supplementary material available that even the most insecure DM (who wants hand-holding for everything) isn't going to lack any new material for years. Why switch?
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote