View Single Post
Old 11-27-2022, 06:51 PM   #16
restlessgriffin

Default Re: Song of Command & instruments

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmdw45 View Post
Another potential synergy: Song of Command + Song of the Wild might allow you to mind-control animals, since "Victory means your victim obeys your verbal commands in any language he knows for as long as you play without interruption" and "You can make your song understood to animals, who may answer you back in song of their own". It would not be unreasonable for this to work.

On the other hand, it does step on the druid's toes a little bit, and a DM could argue that understanding the meaning of your song and understanding a language are not the same thing. Personally I think the overlap is not a problem (after all, Swashbuckler Rapier Wit overlaps a bit with Song of Humiliation too), and that understanding the bard's intent is the key factor, which Song of the Wild clearly allows you to do. As GM I would allow that combo.
Interesting. Doesn't sound legal though since I'd think you would end with completing one song and beginning another. On the other hand I do like the idea, even though I think it may not be RAW legal. Honestly, I'm all for power ups for the Bard. Combinations seem like they could be really fun. Out of genre but this would be a song mashup!

EDIT: Even if this isn't necessarily RAW, I like it. This will allow a Bard to communicate and control animals, though it takes time and effort. I'm also in favor of "multi-professions" so it would be good to have a Druid/Bard. I really think it would be cool to have Druid/Bard "pied-piper" Control swarms of rats or bats. Use Druid abilities to locate animals and use animal handling capabilties.

Last edited by restlessgriffin; 12-03-2022 at 11:28 AM.
restlessgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote