View Single Post
Old 10-23-2022, 03:59 AM   #2
Balor Patch

Default Re: Gaming Ballistic's Hand of Asgard Sun god

Quote:
Originally Posted by restlessgriffin View Post
Anyone with Gaming Ballistic's Hand of Asgard know if there is a sun god present in the book? I really like the treatment of holy powers and abilities. It is sort of based on viking flavored setting but is fairly generic so you can just use the appropriate god of whatever in whatever setting you want. However I am not finding a sun god, I want to use for one of the Delvers to Go character Miriam Suntemple. I think she should be a follower of a sun god.

I really like the clerics and holy warriors capabilities presented in Hand of Asgard as they have some distinct differences based on whichever deity you chose to follow. They also have some really interesting power ups -- advantages and skills.

I really wish they had a book that had similar treatment for Druids, Barbarians, and Scouts. Especially Druids!
No, the Norse didn't really have a sun god. However, the sample character Kamilah (Hall of Judgement p.107) "comes to Noršlond from a land far to the south [...] Her god is strange, a hawk-headed sun deity that nobody’s ever heard of" so there's some precedent that way.

As for additional power ups et al there is Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Barbarians and DFD: Swashbucklers (with Thieves due soon-ish), as well as Dungeon Fantasy 11: Power-ups obviously.
Balor Patch is offline   Reply With Quote