View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 01:58 PM   #1
josephrey

Location: on the road!! check out www.chingchingwong.com to see where we currently are. :)
Default The most efficient body type RE: fuel?

This might just be a thought exercise (hopefully a fun one), and not really applicable in game, but on my walk this morning I started to wonder what the most effective vehicle would be for a Chassis&Crossbow (or any resource gathering-type) scenario where one needed to burn/carry a combustable fuel source in search for more combustable fuel sources. In CW vehicle terms, or in real life.

Say, in one vehicle type I burn 10 gallons of gas to find 12 gallons of gas. In another vehicle I may burn only 3 gallons to find that same 12 gallons, but that vehicle would probably be smaller and lighter, and would have a smaller maximum capacity, and therefore potentially less range. However, a larger vehicle could carry more fuel, but would be heavier, so potentially less efficient at burning the same fuel. Are smaller engine (generally) more efficient than larger engines?

So I guess my question is, what would be the most efficient weight to space to fuel efficiency ratio to apply towards creating that next C&C vehicle, or just owning something in real life in preparation for the big day? :) All fuel sources are equally efficient in this scenario.

Apologies if this is too abstract or weird, but I'm a terrible numbers cruncher. And I can't help but think of a quote from I THINK Patton Oswalt, where he talks about a movie critic in his home town reviewing the Road Warrior to something akin to, "I don't get it! It's a bunch of guys with no gas driving around in the desert looking for more gas!"
josephrey is offline   Reply With Quote