View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #37
Sunrunners_Fire

Default Re: Power Stone Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
No I haven't. Clerical Magic is a longstanding option in Gurps Magic. It's just one you weren't paying attention to. Like Q&D and piece meal Enchantment of armor.
Clerical Magic is based on Power Investiture. I've been talking about mages, not priests. Priests don't get a choice as to what magic they receive from their gods; mages do get a choice as to what magic they learn how to cast. Q&D Enchantment and Piece-Meal Enchantment for Armor Enchantments simply aren't relevant. For a mage to desire becoming an enchanter, enchanting must be more rewarding than the other comparable options. At best, Q&D and Piece-Meal broaden the customer base by lowering the per-item price. At worst, Q&D and Piece-Meal make it less desirable for a mage to become an enchanter due to reducing the per-item price. I consider the effects of such to be a wash and so didn't engage on the sub-topic.

My statement is, "Why would a mage want to be an enchanter?" Your statements have been, "Here is how you make enchantments cheaper to buy." *shrugs* Cheaper enchantments merely means that you have to sell more of them a month in order to maintain your income. And if you don't sell more, you start to think of doing something else with your time that actually rewards you.
Sunrunners_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote