View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 09:57 PM   #427
Verjigorm

Location: Charlotte, North Caroline, United States of America, Earth?
Default Re: So... PCs, ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
Thank ye kindly.

And who was the lucky NPC?
it was a 1930s game. But i remember you posted a character who was a retired marine turned bootlegger who was caught up in a bar fight and wanted to make molotovs out of rotgut.

I took that and spun it into a marine who did service in the Boxer Rebellion, where he was first exposed to the perils of sorcery, fighting those yellow turbaned devils who could take a rfile shot and keep coming. He was Old Breed when the Great War kicked, off, and my have been one of those nameless Marines who inspired the reputation of the hounds of hell. After the war, he feel back into hard times, in a world that was increasingly leaving the stoic rifleman behind. Sometime in the late 30s, he was given a job to smuggle, not moonshine from his cousins still, but an absolutely ancient book. After his brother's truck broke down in Jersey, he took a bus towards maine, at which point all the "fun" started.

He got eaten by cannibal hill folk. But it was a worthy struggle.

Edit: It really was a fun time. The bus was ambushed by the above mentioned hill cannibals, the first of which was a lone lunatic with dynamite and an old caplock hunting rifle, ambushing us(after he dynamited the bridge the bus was on) in the stream bed we were following. Ole Hugo was able to combine his Appalachian field craft with his great war experience to advance on the Mad Bomber Wot Bombs at Eight Thirty, and eventually plant two .45 slugs in his skull, after a skillful scoop and retoss of dynamite. When we made it to the old farm, Jimmy fixed the old truck and got the rest of the folks out of there, but Hugo stayed behind with Henry Orleans, and they drew the attention of the now provoked hillfolk.

Last edited by Verjigorm; 03-22-2019 at 10:13 PM.
Verjigorm is offline   Reply With Quote