View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 10:42 AM   #50
Bruno

Default Re: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 12: Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
The unholy warrior is likewise supposed to be cunning – and a bit cowardly, relying more on stealth and occult powers than being a good warrior. He gets the rather powerful Dread Touch and Terror abilities of Unholy Might, and his Exorcism can bind demons to service (DF 3); moreover, he gets the ability to shapeshift into a demon, and Striking ST 1-10 (Only on surprise attack, -60%) [2/level] like a thief (DF 11). All this is instead of frontal combat abilities like Enhanced Block, Enhanced Parry, and Extra Attack. Played right, the unholy warrior won't ever need that sort of stuff, because his foes won't be alive to attack him . . . and if they are, his demon buddies can provide many extra attacks.
Or his demon buddies can be front line "tank" fighters, or all else fails, a swarm of undead or minor demons is a nice, ablative, meat shield between you and the problem. And appropriate for a callous Unholy Warrior.

Incidentally, I love the shapeshift: demon idea. I've had knight-of-hell type NPCs that were "two phase bossfights" that upgraded into demons when you killed the knight; it's nice to see the ability for PCs (or, really, NPCs).
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote