View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 06:08 AM   #46
pst

Default Re: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 12: Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg_ambro View Post
I think you're overthinking this one. Especially since DF isn't about exacting book keeping, and because is specifically states that "Stuff you own but didn't specify you were carrying" can teleport to you, I'd say that the "can be carried" only rules out certain things . . . like would it make any sense to say a ninja couldn't own a horse? He can't carry it . . .

Also, did anyone get the impression of Ninjas "cooking the books" as it were, so that they always spent their money/budget? I know I did, "Well, I could give my clan that last $100 I have . . . or I could get two Storm Shuriken!!!"
The overthinking was intentional, up till I stopped myself with "It's probably best not to think much about that", but then still, the rule must be enforced somehow, so I looked for a mechanical interpretation where you don't have to think about what it actually means.
In particular after extreme cases of extra equipment like you're talking about.

(I think I would allow a horse fwiw. Sure, it can't be carried, but that's not needed anyway, and it might be something needed for missions. But I wouldn't let the horse carry more than its own gear in the vow calculation. (Even though B161 puts "own no more than your horse can carry" at -10!))
pst is offline   Reply With Quote