View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 07:25 AM   #40
ErhnamDJ

Default Re: Ceremonial Magic used to support an army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vierasmarius View Post
Also, I don't think Spellgraft does what you desire. It grants a child a single spell that can be cast innately. It makes no mention of even having the potential to bestow Magery.
What I was saying is that if some people are just born with Magery, then cast Spellgraft on everyone. That way, anyone who happens to be born with Magery will be able to cast a spell.

I suppose that would really help with identifying who has Magery, which is a big problem otherwise. How else would you identify whether someone has Magery? Carry around some minor magic item and have people try to pick it out from the lot? Maybe get a book full of stamps and go around and have every child try to pick out the magical one? I guess you could have someone that knows the Keen Magical Sense spell at a high level go around and cast it on every child and have them look through the book. But you'd still miss some. It would be harder to miss someone who actually knows a spell.

Or maybe I'm missing some really simple way to determine whether or not someone has Magery. And you really only want those with Magery 1 or higher, and the only way I can think of to figure out who has that is to Spellgraft them a spell like Lend Energy and then see if they could do it. Unless we're going to say that there's some way for wizards to get access to Detect (People with Magery 1 or higher), but if they can have that, then they might as well have Mana Enhancer.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote