View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 04:12 PM   #9
Ashtagon

Default Re: Cannot Harm Innocents except for Euthanasia purposes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
I feel it completely depends on whether the specific player would abuse the ability to perform euthanasia.

Oh look, I stabbed him specifically here when defending myself. That's going to get infected and eventually kill him, so I guess it's only humane to stab him again to end his suffering.
I think we all have met players that would try that tactic, possibly without realizing just how munchkin-y it would be.

It also matters whether they'd make certain after the fact that the person dying was really dying and no cure or treatment existed that maybe they just didn't know about at the time. Guilt could make for great RP, but would not be good for the character's mental health.
Yeah, if a character has Cannot Harm Innocents, and accidentally stabs one, then goes on to finish the job because the wound might get infected, I'd say he should be deep into triggered penalty for pacifism disadvantage territory right there.

Also, why do you have an actual innocent as someone you want to kill?

I use "euthanasia" as a killing in which the patient has given knowing consent, and "mercy killing" as one in which the patient is helpless and probably in pain, but unable to interact in any meaningful way. In both cases, there is an expectation that the patient will not resist. It is never any kind of mercy killing if the patient resists!
Ashtagon is offline   Reply With Quote