View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 09:57 AM   #22
Almafeta

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

Board games are in the works? Interesting... and the news that they are 'bigger' games is very good. And board games are something that you can't really offer in PDF format, so 'dead tree' stores should have less to worry about.

I'm glad to hear that the foreign language versions of GURPS Lite are finally coming through. And of course, I hope that when SJ says "fewer than a half-dozen have finished," he means "5"... ^^;

I'm curious about that interpretation of the collectable card game business. With the exception of Yu-Gi-Oh, which seems to be collected by pre-9-year-old-girls to the exclusion of play (and with that game's balance, that's a blessing), most games, even the 'kiddie' ones, see their most dedicated customers in the 16-to-30 male crowd in my local area. And the anime market and the roleplaying market are overlapping, thanks to RPG-based anime series like Dot Hack and anime-based RPGs like Exalted. But then again, that's what I'm seeing in my area, and I don't have access to hard figures about the market in general.

One question I have: Almost all of the best-selling products on e23 seem to be first-party. How are third-party products doing on e23?
Almafeta is offline   Reply With Quote