View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 10:03 PM   #3
Refplace

Default Re: High Levels of Enhanced Move

Interesting on the high Basic Move being that useful at high levels.
Since your Basic Move is additive I wouldn't think it would work out that well. But too tired to check your math a the momemnt.

The method I prefer is Instant Acceleration, +50% n some levels of EM as each such level would allow you to instantly double basic move, and do it for +10 points.
The full +150% Cosmic for speedsters who can maneuver and adjust speed freely is great too but not needed for just traveling.

As for lowering the cost further I use a House Rule but will g over a RAW option.
If available tech can do the same thing I give the 1/5 discount used for alternative abilities, redundant abilities, and internal abilities.
A RAW way of getting that discount though is using Character Point powered abilities for the same 1/5. But wait! you say, I dont want to spend CP for that.
Use Impulse Buys and spend Impulse Points to power it. Cost is based on how important or thematic the use is so traveling from point to point is likely going to be 1 point for the scene in a setting where ships can do it too.
Use the suggestion in Impulse Buys to create a regenerating pool.
That gives a RAW way to do this and rather affordably.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote