View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 12:09 PM   #47
b-dog

Default Re: Nordlond Sagas: Three new books for the DFRPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald387 View Post
Given the presence of demon-worshipers, squid cults, psychotic masked assassin death squads (who are actually demon-worshipers), fae, dragons, actual demons, savage humanoids, the occasional elder thing, and all the other literal and actual monsters there are in Nordlond and all of Dungeon Fantasy, I mostly prefer to enjoy my 'hippie religious tolerance' and keep things like 'sectarian warfare, ethnic cleansing, and genocide' out of my fun gaming time.

Your mileage may vary, but by all means start holding your breath now while you wait for 'DFRPG: The Religious Crusades'
I really don’t mean there needs to be Old Testament Book of Esther style genocides and massacres, I would just like a little realism in the religions. I doubt that a cleric who worships Zeus would think of Odin as being the same god. He may feel an affinity for him though as the cleric of Zeus might consider Odin to be an ally. Or maybe he wouldn’t? The idea I like is there there are factions on the good side just as there are factions on the evil side. This way it helps explain why the forces of good have not completely stamped out evil.

Last edited by b-dog; 11-05-2019 at 12:15 PM.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote