View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 08:16 PM   #137
naloth

Default Re: GURPS Supers Alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadDomain View Post
Ok, I have tweaked Wonder Woman again. At this stage, I believe I have reached the same level of development as Superman (i.e. I could tweak forever but it's good enough). My main worry is that her defenses might be too high.
They look pretty reasonable, especially considering that she won't be able to use her normal parry against quite a few types of attacks.

Quote:
First, I relooked at Binding and Afflication for the Lasso and Binding really is the effect I want. It's a lot more straight forward as a mechanic. Nonetheless, I have added Unbreakable and One-Shot so you can using try to break free and there is no layeing effect.
Did you check to see if there was a way to do it with Natural Weaponry? That would be nice because the lasso, as a gadget, would have the Binding based on the user's ST rather than an arbitrary Bind level. I mention this because 40 seems somewhat low for WW while it would be strange for Batman to be able to use it to pin down someone with x100 times his strength.

Quote:
Second, her Univeral Translator ability was bugging me because I thought it was very expensive for a secondary power. Since I had decided to embrace Wildcards, I have replaced the ability with two Language Wildcards (I wondered if just one was enough).
I've considered going different routes for this. Languages aren't really skills, though, so using Wildcards does seem odd. As advantages, Wild Powers per Supers 41, bought on 2 different languages (Language A! Language B!) seems rather inexpensive and strangely legal.

BTW, at the very end you seem to some Superman appropriate notes that don't apply to WW.
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote