View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 11:56 PM   #52
Parody

Default Re: Combat Garage Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammulder View Post
Much of the text is not selectable just so that if you use it with a phone/tablet you're not selecting text everywhere you touch.
I can't speak to everyone's setup (I've had Android phones and Android and Windows tablets) but I find it hard to accidentally select text as you have to hold or use the touch keyboard to start a text selection. Touching text typically does nothing at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammulder View Post
What kind of phone do you have and what browser are you using? Maybe there's some additional CSS needed to make it work right...
I tried it tonight with my Nexus 5 (running Android 6) with the current releases of Chrome, Opera Mobile (set to download desktop sites), and Firefox. I couldn't select the vehicle description text in any of them.

Additionally, in Chrome and Opera with the phone in Landscape the bottom bar of buttons is offscreen and I couldn't scroll down to it. In Firefox you can scroll to it.

My main complaint trying to use the site on my phone is the zoom lockout; it'd be a lot easier to poke the right thing if I could zoom in a bit. Whatever setting Opera Mobile ignores with its "Force enable zoom" doesn't work here, unfortunately. (I wrote up a bug report for Opera on that one. :(

Zoom is also crazy in the desktop browsers; the text still resizes in Opera (35) and Firefox (44, both Windows) and generally results in the graphics drawing in the wrong place and shape.

Last edited by Parody; 02-23-2016 at 12:03 AM.
Parody is offline   Reply With Quote