View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 10:04 PM   #224
Tinman

Default Re: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 19: Incantation Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
The whole reason it's there is this: it let's spells hit harder for less capable casters. You can easily ignore it and it wouldn't break anything, but there is something to be said for a caster to be like "I want to dump energy into this spell to make it hard for it to be resisted." It doesn't exactly BREAK the Rule of 16 - but flouts it a bit, and with GM permission. The GM can absolutely say no to this. I've used this solution for years in my own campaign with little issue. Not that that means much, but I have carefully playtested, balanced, and theorycrafted just about every part of this book for over 2 years (almost 3 now). So maybe that's something.
I can tell you that you did excellent work on the book. My players & I use incantations in place of RPM because it's more clear about what you can do & more easy to use with out energy gathering rolls. (Of course PK did an outstanding job on RPM.)

In this campaign we are playing now, it's a Monster Hunters- sidekicks game.
The additional -2 the mage could put on a spell is a big help as the characters are only 200 pts.

Ghostdancer, thank you for your help.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote